Will It Be A Happy New Year? Week of 12/31/18
As the year of 2018 comes to a close, those who look for world events that line up with the Bible can say with certainty—we are one year closer to the Rapture.
While American and Israeli leaders are plagued with law suits and threats from the opposition, December 31, 2018 is the deadline for the United States and Israel to officially withdraw from UNESCO (United Nations Educational, Cultural and Scientific organization). Prime Minister Netanyahu has gone on record as saying since 2009, “UNESCO has passed 71 resolutions condemning Israel and only two resolutions condemning all other countries combined”. See our blogs of 5/8/17, 5/15/17 and 7/10/17 for examples.
The latest development from UNESCO was in October 2018 when they passed (within minutes) resolutions 28 and 29, which declare Hebron's Cave of the Patriarchs and Bethlehem's Rachel's Tomb “integral part(s) of the Occupied Palestinian Territories.” The resolutions were sponsored by some members of UNESCO's Executive Committee: Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Oman, Qatar and Sudan. It seems to have been of little importance that these burial places are of Jewish descent and the Muslim's history in the area does not start until around the 13th century. While both the United States and Israel have agreed that if UNESCO will change from their anti-Semitic stand they would come back to the organization-neither should be holding their breath.
How does this relate to Bible Prophecy? God reveals to us that at the time of the end there is going to be a World Economic Union of nations (click here. This will be the organization that will eventually be lead by the Anti-Christ.
Are you ready to meet Jesus? Whether you believe in Him or not, you will meet Him. You can be standing on His right hand or on His left—it will make a difference. Check out this link for more.
Make your New Year even better—receive Christ by faith and serve Him in obedience to His Word.
Photo: by End-Time.com
Unto Us A Child Is Born Week of 12/24/18
The word, Christmas, is not in the Bible. However, for centuries people of the Christian faith have celebrated this day. It is not the actual day of Christ's birth, but, the day they set aside to commemorate not only the miraculous birth of Jesus, but the day when Light came into the world.
The Bible reveals to us why Jesus came:
- Jesus is the Father's salvation for the human race. He is a light to lighten the Gentiles, and the glory of His people Israel-ref. Luke 2:30-32.
- He did not come to destroy the law, or the prophets...but to fulfill-ref. Matt 5:17.
- He came to seek and to save that which was lost-ref. Luke 19:10, Matt 18:11.
- Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners-1 Tim 1:15.
- He did not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance-Matt 9:13.
- Christ came to be a sign which shall be spoken against-Luke 2:34.
- God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh. Jesus was our offering for sin-ref. Romans 8:3.
- Jesus came to lay down His life for the sheep-John 10:15.
- The Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil-1 John 3:8.
- Jesus said, “The Spirit of the Lord is upon Me, because He hath anointed Me to preach the gospel to the poor; He hath sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.”-Luke 4:18-19.
- Jesus was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that He by the grace of God should taste death for every man-Heb 2:9.
- Jesus said, “I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on Me should not abide in darkness”-John 12:46.
- Jesus came to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many-Mark 10:45.
So, while you are busy with the cares of Christmas (shopping, gift wrapping,cooking, parties, etc.) don't forget the real reason you should be celebrating this day called Christ-mas. Take the time to read over the Bible's account of His birth in the Old and New Testaments. And consider, since you are celebrating Jesus' birthday why not sing, Happy Birthday to Him? He left His home in glory to be your salvation, can you give Him some of your time? He desires to have a real relationship with you. If you are interested in learning more about Jesus check out this link.
Sources: King James Bible
Photo: by End-Time.com